Tuesday, May 18, 2010

August 1997

I am ending my high school career this week, in May of 2010--153 months after I started attending Charlotte Latin School in August 1997. Just thinking about how long it's been made me curious as to what was going on in the world way back then, so I looked up a few current events from my first month of school:

- Diana, Princess of Wales, died on August 31, 1997.

- The show South Park debuted on August 13, 1997.

- Microsoft bought over $150 million of stock from a smaller, struggling computer company named Apple.

Most popular movies :
Titanic
Liar Liar
Jurassic Park
Men in Black
Tomorrow Never Dies

Most popular musicians:
Mariah Carey
Smashing Pumpkins
Foo Fighters
Nine Inch Nails
Daft Punk
Celine Dion

- Gas was $1.22 a gallon.

- The stock marker went over 7,000 for the first time in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment