Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vandy

Vandy was....awesome. Rites of Spring was insane, almost a little too much so in fact. On Friday we saw Cold War Kids (not too bad), Phoenix (freakin aamazing), and Drake (...). Drake definitely left something to be desired, and I did not frankly expect much from him in the first place. Half the time he was talking to the crowd, and the other half he was singing 30 second clips from random songs--most of which were way too slow. But overall still great stuff.

Vanderbilt on its own was great. The Pancake Pantry definitely lived up to the hype, as did Rotiers--although next time I think I'll opt for something other than the spaghetti? Weird choice, not sure why I got that. The campus is really really nice and easily walkable, it was almost surprisingly small at first but I guess there were parts that we never went to. The Senior dorms (The Towers) were big but really old and kind of shitty, especially the room we stayed in. But Freshman housing is supposed to be insane and Sophomore housing seemed good too so I'm not that concerned. I am definitely ready to go next year now!

No comments:

Post a Comment